If you are using a printer for family usage and your printer is compatible with just a USB connection, the inconvenience appears when you, your child, or your spouse requires printing at the same time. In such an incident, a printer that is built with wireless connectivity or voice-enabled printing will work as a great solution.
The great news is, here we are going to represent a comparison between HP Envy 5055 Vs 6055, both are built with wireless capability and Alexa compatibility as well.
If you move for one of these printers you can print, scan, and copy with the upgraded technology within a single device. From our review, we prefer Envy 5055 as an all-rounder family printing device.
HP Envy 6055 is a comparatively newer one and the Envy 5055 is a considerably older one. Still, the older one shines brightly. Stick with us inside this conversation where we will scrutinize both and discuss why our suggested one is best for family usage!
Why Should You Go For The HP Envy 5055?
For family usage, you will look for a printer with wireless connectivity as well as the features included to perform all MFP printer’s tasks in a transcendent way.
More with that, it needs to have the features for printing photos, documents, files, and whatever a family printer demands. The Envy 5055 is such a printer that can outdo all your requirements supporting your piggy bank also. Let’s discover the key facts why you need this one!
- With a 2.2 inches monochrome display, the Envy 5055 stays ahead where Envy 6055 has button-punched control panels. Overwhelmingly, the display is a touchscreen that is also surrounded by capacitive keys.
- These two printers from the HP Envy lineup can print wirelessly from any smart device and both use identical software also. Even though HP Envy 5055 can print through email which 6055 can’t perform.
- HP Envy 5055 can print at a higher printing resolution of 600 x 300 dpi. On the other hand, HP Envy 6055 has an inferior printing resolution of 300 x 300 dpi.
- The first page out is also sluggish in the Envy 6055 printer, it takes 14.2 seconds. Where HP Envy 5055 leads this criterion with 13.6 seconds. In photo printing, Envy 5055 takes 54.2 sec and Envy 6055 takes 69 seconds.
- At first glance in both printers, a clear physical difference will be visible. The Envy 5055 comes in a striking black color where the Envy 6055 covers like a unicorn white color.
What Are The Similarities Between the HP Envy 5055 vs 6055 Printer
HP Envy 6055 vs 5055 are two multifunction printers from the HP Envy range which are some of the Best printers for waterslide decals that can perform all in one task. Since they are equally brothers, they will surely have some identical specs. Below we have discussed them in detail as well as demonstrate a head-to-head comparison between them.
- As both of these printers are from the All In One lineup, both can perform all the multifunctional Printer’s tasks like printing, copying, scanning, etc.
- Both of these printers are packed with nearly the same printing speed which is 10 ppm for black & white prints and 7 ppm for color prints.
- In scanning resolution, both deliver equally 1200 x 1200 dpi and the scanning color depth is similarly 24 bit for each.
- Both printers are packed with a wide range of connectivity features such as WiFi, USB wired, Mopria, and Apple Airprint service. But it doesn’t have Ethernet or Bluetooth connectivity.
- Both printers are launched with a 100 sheet input paper tray and 25 sheets output tray, as well as both can perform automatic scanning, but it is in simplex mode.
|Specifications||HP Envy 5055||HP Envy 6055|
|Overall Dimension(H x W x D)||4.9 inches X 17.5 inches X 14.4 inches||5.01 inches X 17.1 inches X 14.2 inches|
|Display||2.2 inches (5.7 cm)||Unavailable|
|Color Accuracy(Color DE)||8.0||8.01|
|Printing Speed||10 ppm(Black), 7 ppm(Color)||10 ppm(Black), 7 ppm(Color)|
|Page yield||130 black & 65 color prints||110 black & 55 color prints|
|Scan Color Depth||24 bit||24 bit|
|Printing Costs||0.145 US dollars/black print and
0.315 US dollars/color print
|0.124 US dollars /black print and
0.261 US dollars/color print
|Weight||12.1 lbs (5.5 kg)||11.5 lbs (5.2 kg)|
|Today worthy deals||Check Price||Check Price|
What Are The Key Features Of HP Envy 5055 And 6055 Printer
Design And Build Quality
From the design perspective, we can say there are a couple of flaws regarding the Envy 5055 printer. It comes with one input tray which is small enough to remove the tray for manually setting papers for loading. So the papers will take more time to load automatically. Moreover, if you want to replace ink toners, you have to turn on the printer.
On the other hand, Envy 6055 has a sturdy build with user-friendly manuals and controls. But still, it does not come with a touchscreen display that makes it inferior.
The input tray is with a slider that makes inputting papers more convenient. Even after skipping these tiny issues, Envy 5055 is a great one in build quality because of the LCD.
Again for smooth and effortless usage, an LCD display will stay in the front line. That’s why the Envy 5055 will again win the race for the 2.2 inches touchscreen display.
Further, both can perform prints wirelessly from mobile or computers. And by using the HP Smart App, the task management part is just a breeze. With USB, both can also print docs and photos with WiFi direct and other mobile printing application services.
If you prefer wired printing, HP 5055 has a wired USB port for doing so. But the 6055 lacks a USB port or SD card option. Besides, it also lacks the Ethernet connectivity and external storage support feature that reduces printing opportunities vastly.
Though it is marketed with the BlueTooth feature, it can be used for just initial setup. Unfortunately, the Bluetooth feature doesn’t work for printing tasks.
HP Envy 5055 can decently print photos with nice and vivid colors. There are considerably fine details and color balance in printed images. The image outcome is slightly reddish since the color trace is a little bit warm.
Alternately, HP Envy 6055 has a moderately great-looking photo quality with smooth details. But the matter is, the image tone is pretty much flat and the black color is not that deep dark.
FAQs About the HP Envy 5055 vs HP Envy 6055 Printer
Q: If the color cartridge runs out, will the black cartridge still print?
Whenever the printer gets empty on the color cartridges, it can print with just the black ink cartridge. The HP Envy printer will automatically go into the single-cartridge mode printing.
Q: Do you have to sign up for instant ink?
This thing is up to the user’s demand. If you want hassle-free ink cartridges delivered in front of your home, then go for it. Otherwise, it is possible to use third-party ink as well.
Q: Do the printers come with ink cartridges?
Yes, the printers come with a batch of start-up ink cartridges which is needed for the primary setup of the printer after unboxing.
Both the hp envy 5055 vs 6055 are great printers with plenty of similarities and a bit of difference. The variations are not so huge for decent printing tasks of home and family usage. But if you care a bit about the LCD screen, email scanning & printing, and don’t bother about paying extra 20-30 dollars, then Envy 5055 is the best family choice for you.