We all know how fun having a pool in your courtyard is! And, it is also good for health as swimming is a medium-intensive exercise. But, what about when a swimming pool is filthy? Would anyone like to dive in that water?
A swimming pool needs consistent of cleaning as many people use it. Moreover, pools are normally in an open space, so dry leaves, sand, and other dirt fall on the water. Over the time, the pool gets dirty and the water gets cloudy. Although floating dirt can be clean using sieves but cleaning the bottom is a little bit tricky.
There are several methods in which you can clean your pool’s bottom. In this method, you will know how to clean dirt from the bottom of the pool and some best ways to do it. So, without further addo, let’s start.
- How To Clean Dirt From Bottom Of Pool
How To Clean Dirt From Bottom Of Pool
1. Using Automatic Suction Pool Cleaner
One of the best ways to clean your pools. Where you don’t need any manual effort to clean your pool. The automatic pool cleaner cleans your pool by itself. And, there are many suction pool cleaners available in the market.
2. How do suction Pool Cleaners clean your pool?
The method suction pool cleaners operate is quite simple. They use your pool’s existing filtration system to operate themselves. You need to connect it directly to your skimmer or a dedicative suction line that pulls water to the pump. Thus, a cleaner is able to move in your pool, suck debris and deliver them to the pump filter basket and the pool filter.
Normally every pool has its own filtration system to keep water filtered and clean. The suction pool cleaner utilizes that system and cleans your pool.
The benefit with suction pool cleaners
Suction-side pool cleaners are quite famous for offering dozens of benefits. Here are some:
- Suction pool cleaners are cheap compare to others.
- They are energy and cost-efficient.
- They operate using the pool’s filtration system.
- Some comes with special brushes to clean the floor effectively.
- This kind of pool cleaners are easy to repair and parts are also inexpensive.
- You can use them whenever you want, even if you want to activate them for 24/7.
Suction Pool Cleaners Cons
Despite those benefits, you have to face some disadvantages with Suction pool cleaners.
- These cleaners use the existing pool’s filtration system, which means taking away your pool’s suction away which also requires keeping your pool water filtered and clean.
- It works better if your pool has a dedicated suction line. Most of the time, people don’t have dadicative line and they buy suction pool clever, connect it with the skimmer. That completely eliminates skimmer from water circulation and skim off debris from the pool surface.
- They need a leaf canister to catch debris before it enters the pump or your cleaner will clog.
3. Using Robotic Pool Cleaners
Robotic pool cleaners are the best method for many pool owners. They don’t need any additional system to operate like suction pool cleaners. They are easy to use and assemble. Moreover, no the cleaner can clean your pool faster than a pool vacuum cleaner.
4. How do robotic pool cleaners clean your pool?
Robotic pool cleaners are automatic pool cleaners mostly known for their advanced technology. Where suction pool cleaner uses the filtration system, robotic pool cleaners have electric moto that produces suction to remove dirt and debris from the pool. Furthermore, most of the models come with rotating brushes which can lose even tough debris in a minute.
Robotic pool cleaners move using wheels or tracks. Low voltage uses to make them safe in the water. They store sucked debris in a basket or bag which you need to clean when full. Some cleaners have a debris bag indicator that will notify you when the cleaner is full.
Without that, you will find many other advanced features like scheduling time which allows you set time for your cleaner to clean the pool by its own.
Benefits With Robotic Pool Cleaners
- Robotic pool cleaners come with longer manufacturer warranties than other cleaners, sometimes as long as 3 years.
- This kind of pool cleaners direct operate by electricity and don’t depend on suction or pressure from the pool filtration system, thus allow your pool system to work at its best.
- They are clean the floor, walls, tile line, and waterline.
- Most models come with brushes that spin with the cleaner movement. Some high-end models come with active brushes which spin faster than it moving. Thus actively scrub your pool, instead of just vacuum.
- The swivel cord of these model, allow the cleaner work without any interruption on the path of cleaning.
- As they don’t depend on the pool system, they clean your pool even if the pool system is down.
- Some come with energy-saving features which reduce the operating cost of your pool cleaner at optimal.
Robotic Pool Cleaners Cons
- Although they come with a programmable schedule, they are suitable to leave them in the water, at least for now. Thus, the price you pay for pre-program is useless.
- Robotic pool cleaners need more care from you than other cleaners. They need constant cleaning filter bags or baskets, pull in and pull out from the water and storing on the proper place, etc.
- Even with energy-saving features, its operating cost is several-fold higher than suction side pool cleaners.
- The cleaner is quite expensive.
- Repair parts are costly and you alone won’t be enough to deal with this.
Cleaning manually using pool brush or Vacuum Head
If you lack a pool filter pump, you can clean your pool using pool brushes. In this way, now only you will have a sparkling clean pool but have some physical exercise. And, it is the most cost-saving method.
5. Why And When should you brush your pool?
You already know why should you clean or brush your pool. But where I will remind you that again. Your pool and other parts in the water absorb particles from the air and settle them to the bottom. Moreover, agale are the home of micro-pores on our pool surface which disturb your pool PH balance. So, to prevent them you need to clean your pool.
But cleaning your pool manually regularly is not a valid option as it needs quite a amount of hard work and time. So, how often should you clean your pool?
Firstly, after the pool is plastered or pebbled, there is a large amount of dust on your pool. So, brush twitch daily for the next 2-3 weeks.
When you add chemicals in your pools, there are many chemicals that don’t dissolve properly in your pool water and stain and scale on the surface. So, after some use of chemicals, remember to brush your pool.
Stain and agale can’t remove by just using chemicals alone, so you need to add some physical effort with it. Brush your pool in every 2 to 3 weeks is okay.
6. How to Brush Your Pool?
To clean your pool, first, you need to buy a brush or vacuum head. The nylon brushes are suitable for all types of pools, so I recommend you to get this kind of brush for your pool. And, as for the size 18″ length is stander, but 22″, 24″, and 36″ also available in the market.
- Short pool for walls and expand it for the bottom floor.
- While cleaning brushes the steps, benches, and shallow end walls first for your convenience.
- Starting from the shallow ends, move toward the deep-end drain.
- To clean the walls, pull in on the pool with your guide hand and keep the brush firmly against the wall.
7. Pump & Filter Combo
This is the common method used by the most large swimming pools, instead of the common public. Your pool filtration system plays a huge role to keep cleaning your pool. Here all the water of our pool go through the pump. So, all dirt, debris, sand or other thing floating in the water capture by a sieve inside the filter.
But for this, you need to keep running your pool filter running for 8 hours at the least which requires a lot of energy.
Moreover, depending on the manufacturers, your filter has different options. Adjust those options, you can focus on what you want to clean.
If you want to get rid of those fine particles on the floor of your swimming pool, learn to control the settings. There are filter settings that allow you to let your pump concentrate on large debris and also for small debris. The settings are different for the pump to focus on smaller and finer debris.
There are many methods to clean your pool bottom. But it’s hard to find a single best method to clean your pool and you can try combining different formulas to figure out the suitable way for you.
But, in my opinion, a Robotic pool cleaner is the most effective to clean your pool while saving time. But this method costs a lot. So, if you are someone who needs to think about budget too, then suction pool cleaners are also good. Once again, that doesn’t mean other ways are not fine.