Cricut is one of the most popular vinyl cutters in the world. There are so many projects, crafts, and DIY you can do with this incredible cutting machine! And to create interesting and unique designs, a Cricut has to work with a dependable, top-quality printer; you need to choose the best printer for Cricut. Here are seven of the best printers that can help you make all kinds of Cricut projects.
7 Best printers for Cricut in 2021
It’s hard to select the best printer for Cricut especially when there are so many amazing brands in the market. So, we rounded up seven of the best ones for you.
1. Brother ScanNCut SDX125E Printer for Cricut
Brother has the ScanNCut SDX125E, an electronic DIY cutting machine equipped with a scanner that lets you create custom stickers, wall art, personalized greeting cards and so many more. Just scan a drawing to turn it into a file that’s ready for cutting.
Brother ScanNCut SDX125E Printer Specifications
- Dimensions – 8.4 x 20.9 x 6.8 inches, 1 pound
- Software Included – no software included
- Materials You Can Use – paper, fabric, vinyl, balsa wood, foam, chipboard, and felt
- Connectivity – USB and wireless connections
- Special Features – with built-in designs, 5” touchscreen LCD
- Accessories -12” x 12” track mat, pen holder, black pen, touch pen, accessory bag, spatula, pattern collection, auto blade, and blade holder
- Date Released – September 13, 2018
- Warranty – one-year warranty
Feel free to use the included designs
You can use the custom designs included in this machine. This printer/scanner has 682 designs with 100 patterns for quilting plus creative fonts that you can use for making cards, posters, and announcements. You can add your own customized designs through USB or connect your device wirelessly too.
Easy to use large LCD
The ScanNCut has a large touchscreen LCD so you can set this machine or tweak your projects right away, without going through the pattern from your computer or device. The LCD screen lets you check the status of your prints too and it’s easy to do so as it’s bright, easy to read.
This cutter/scanner also selects the blade that you will need for a particular material. No need to make any adjustments but we recommend doing a test first before you cut the entire project to make sure. This feature makes it one of the best printers for canvas as well because you don’t have to make adjustments to fit any kind of material each time
Works with many types of materials
Cut any kind of material as this can take up to 3 millimeters of material thickness. You can use paper, fabric, vinyl, balsa wood, foam, chipboard and felt.
All accessories you need
Your purchase also comes with complete accessories including the auto blade and more than 70 additional patterns. You can start using this printer for Cricut as soon as it’s out of the box. You can buy other accessories for your Brother printer online or from a dealer near you.
2. Cricut Explore Air 2 Printer
The Cricut Explore Air 2 is one of the printers compatible with Cricut. This is a personal cutting machine that will cut more than 100 kinds of materials including cardstock, iron-on, premium vinyl, poster board, adhesive foils, and many more. You can make all kinds of projects, home decorations, custom-designed clothes, party accessories.
Cricut Explore Air 2 Printer Specifications
- Dimensions – 24 x 9.5 x 9.5 inches, 16.12 pounds
- Software Included – Design Space and Cricut Access
- Materials You Can Use – vinyl, cardstock, adhesive foils, cardstock, poster board, specialty paper, and many more.
- Connectivity – USB and Bluetooth
- Special Features – Fast Mode, cut, score, and write
- Accessories – Fine Point Blade and Housing, Black Fine Point Pen, Circuit 12 x 12 inches Light Grip Adhesive Cutting Mat, USB cable, power cord
- Date Released – October 5, 2016
- Warranty – With one-year replacement warranty
All accessories come with your purchase
The Explore Air 2 comes with all the accessories you need including the Fine Point Blade Plus Housing, an Adhesive Light Grip Cutting Mat, and a fine point pen. Your purchase also gives you accesso to Design Space and two-week free access to Cricut Access for more than 100,000 designs, fonts, images, and more. If you want to upload your designs, you can do so through your computer, laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
Very delicate cutter
This Cricut machine lets you cut even the finest details with amazing precision even lace designs and spider webs. You can write using the Cricut Pen to create cards and DIY projects; use more than 370 fonts. A scoring tool called the Stylus will let you make boxes, cards, envelopes, 3D projects and so many more. And with the Cricut Explore Air 2, you can use the Fast Mode to cut and write twice as fast.
Make different designs
You can make all kinds of designs no matter where you are with Cricut. With the Design Space app, you can make designs on your smartphone, computer, and tablet and transfer these designs via Bluetooth to the Explore Air 2. It won’t take long to connect to this machine and work on your projects. You can use this for arts and crafts at home or for your business as well.
3. Brother CM350E ScanNCut 2 color printer for cricut
The Brother CM350E ScanNCut 2 is an upgraded version of the original ScanNCut cutting machine equipped with a scanner. This best printer to use with Cricut lets you scan all kinds of patterns and designs so you can print and cut ASAP. This works even without connecting to a laptop, computer, or smartphone.
Brother CM350E Printer Specifications
- Dimensions – 1 pound weight
- Software Included – none
- Materials You Can Use – any material up to 2 millimeters thick
- Connectivity – Wireless or USB
- Special Features –uses Standard Blade, 300 DPI with a built-in scanner, LCD touchscreen, larger scanning area
- Accessories – standard blade holder, cut blade, spatula, 12 x 12-inch mat, color pens (black and red), pen holder, touch pen, online activation card
- Warranty – one-year limited warranty
Make all kinds of projects
You can draw and scan your finished design so it becomes a cut file. You can make stickers, T-shirts, cards, posters, and holiday decorations with your very own design. Brother comes with more than 600 built-in designs, more than 100 quilt designs, and more free patterns through the CanvasWorkspace through USB or Bluetooth.
Use different materials
This Brother machine lets you cut very thin materials (up to 2 mm thick). It also comes with all the accessories you need: 12” x 12” standard-sized tack mat, blade and blade holder, pens (black and red), spatula, touch pen, pouch, and patterns. And as a bonus, you have the ScanNCut Online Activation Card so you can register your Brother and start creating right away.
Large LCD touchscreen
Check the status of your work or make last-minute tweaks to perfect your work from the LCD touchscreen. You can easily check the stats as this is very bright, easy to read, and understand. No more complicated buttons to push or dials to dial.
4. Cricut Joy Printer for print and cut
If you want to make creative designs on the go, there’s the Cricut Joy Machine. This is a compact, lightweight, very portable machine to make quick designs no matter where you are. Despite its size, this is one of the best printers for Cricut as it can make cuts and designs up to four feet plus repeated cuts that can be as long as 20 feet with the smart materials feature. This is available in iron-on, vinyl, and label vinyl. You may also use other materials such as cardstock, paper, vinyl, and many more.
Cricut Joy 2007813 Printer Specifications
- Dimensions – 8.43 x 5.43 x 4.25 inches, 5.54 pounds
- Software Included – Cricut Access, Design Space (limited access only)
- Materials You Can Use – all kinds of materials including cardstock and vinyl
- Connectivity – USB and Bluetooth
- Special Features – lightweight, easy to use, label maker features, takes long cuts without a mat
- Accessories – fine point blade and housing and fine point pen, power adapter, a Cricut Welcome Card, Cricut Access membership trial, and StandardGrip Mat
- Date Released – March 1, 2020
- Warranty – one-year limited warranty
Make projects out of different designs
You can use the Joy Machine to make instant labels at home or at work too. Use your own designs or pick from the many designs available at the Cricut Design Space app for free. You can also subscribe to access more than 100,000 images, projects, and fonts.
Get different accessories with your purchase
Your purchase comes with a variety of accessories. You will get a fine point pen and blade, a welcome card, a StandardGrip mat measuring 4.5 x 6.5 inches, and a free membership trial period to Cricut Access. One of the best wireless printers under $100.
Easy to use easy to carry
The Joy Machine is the lightest and the most compatible Cricut printer. It weighs less than 6 pounds so it’s easy to take anywhere you want to work: at home, at school, or at work. It is also easy to use that even someone new to Cricut can use this machine.
5. Silhouette America Curio Crafting Printer for cricut
The Silhouette America Curio Crafting Printer has improved features for etching and tripling all kinds of materials. This best printer for Cricut print and cut will perform the following: Score and Emboss, Path Emboss, and Print and Emboss.
SILHOUETTE-CURIO Printer Specifications
- Dimensions – 17.25 x 5.5 x 7 inches
- Software Included – Design Store
- Materials You Can Use – paper, fabric, vinyl, vellum, cardstock, stencil materials, and other delicate materials.
- Connectivity – USB
- Special Features – this flatbed cutting machine can sketch, strip, emboss, and make deeper cuts
- Accessories – cutting tools, mats, and CD
Use different materials
You can work on different materials as this Silhouette printer comes with a deep-cutting blade. This can cut materials with a thickness of 2mm. Use other tools like scoring tools, writing tools, etc. You can purchase these from a local Silhouette dealer or from an online shopping site.
Silhouette Design Store
Under the hood of this crafting printer is the Silhouette Design Store which will help unlock all other great functions of this machine. It has dual-cartridges that will let the machine hold a cutter and a scoring tool in one.
Compatible with different devices
Use this machine to work on different projects using your Windows PC or Mac. Connect with these devices fast and easy as well. This may be one of the best wireless printers for Mac and also for Windows-based PCs and laptops.
6. Cricut Explore Air Wireless printer for print and cut
The Cricut Explore Air is one of the best Cricut printer cutting machines capable of wireless connectivity. It has a double carriage that will help you write and cut or score and write in just one sweep. If you want to use your image, you can easily upload these for free in any kind of file: .png, .jpg, .gif,.dix, and more. You can also cut a lot of materials in varying thickness and delicateness.
Cricut Explore Air Wireless Printer Specifications
- Dimensions – 25.39 x 9.96 x 9.21 inches
- Software Included – Design Space
- Materials You Can Use – all materials from vellum to leather
- Connectivity – USB or Bluetooth
- Special Features – Smart Set Dial, storage compartments, Bluetooth for easy wireless projects
- Date Released –February 3, 2015
Smart Set Dial
This is the only cutting machine with a Smart Set Dial that will help you make quick settings. There’s no LCD to check the status of your work but the dial keeps you from missing your track. You also get a free trial for Cricut Design Space with this cutting machine. Design Space is the best for Cricut. Although not as detailed, you must have this to enjoy all the features of a Cricut machine.
Easy to keep tools
The machine also comes with compartments where you can keep your tools like blades, pens, rulers, and pencils. You can also connect your device wirelessly via Bluetooth.
7. VEVOR Vinyl Printer for Cricut sticker paper
The VEVOR Vinyl Cutter is a 14-inch cutting machine capable of taking larger and thicker materials. This is the best printer for Cricut maker is a home and commercial cutting equipment that is equipped with a D-type motherboard and a precise cache memory. It will hold even the most delicate materials thanks to its double-spring rollers and rough steel roller. The material won’t move but won’t affect the quality of the material as well.
VEVOR Vinyl Printer Specifications
- Dimensions – 25 x 13 x 12 inches, 24.7 pounds
- Software Included – Design and SIGNMASTER software
- Materials You Can Use – paper, vinyl,
- Connectivity – USB and serial cable, flash drive
- Special Features – D-type motherboard, pressure carriage, LED strip lighting, compatible with all Windows OS, with digital controls, very stable rollers
- Accessories – Signmaster Software, cables, power cord, flash disc, manual
- Date Released – May 22, 2019
No need to connect to a device
You can use this cutting machine even without a device, laptop, computer, or smartphone as it has all the convenient controls on the front of the machine. A small LCD with a backlight display lets you easily see what the machine is doing. You can use different interfaces and programming languages. It also has pre-installed fonts, formats, and designs.
Easy to use control panel
This cutting machine has a convenient digital control panel that will let you adjust the scoring force and cutting speeds. Adjust pressure from 10 to 500 grams of force and speeds from 10 to 800 mm/sec. The LCD also has a backlight so it’s easy to check on your work.
Made for many applications
You can use this VEVOR cutting machine to make field advertising, signage, building structure drawings, automotive décor, heat transfer, indoor décor, and labels for home and office use. This may be the best printer for sticker printing as well.
If you’re looking for the best printer for Cricut Explore Air 2 to work with your Cricut designs then you must be very particular about the type of printer, brand, and compatible materials. Not all printers and cutting machines are the same. Most vary in the type of material that they can cut as well as their connectivity. Also, the type of design file matters as most printers will only accept the most common file formats.
Of the seven best printers for Cricut, the Brother ScanNCut SDX125 electronic DIY cutting machine is our top choice. This machine can help you make all kinds of custom stickers, wall art, personalized greeting cards, and other projects. Another thing to love with the Brother ScanNCut is that it has 682 designs with 100 patterns and fonts. You can also use your own customized designs.
Another thing to love about the ScanNCut is the large touchscreen LCD to directly use the machine without connecting to a device or computer. It can make automatic adjustments with the cool auto blade. This can cut any kind of material up to 3 millimeters of material thickness.
If you think that the Brother ScanNCut SDX125E is the best color printer for Cricut, check this product out from this link.