Weddings are magical moments meant to be captured forever. Whether you’re a guest or a part of the wedding entourage, you want to bring home keepsakes right? What could be the best keepsake than printed photos using an instant camera? Let us give you a head start on your next wedding event with a list of the best instant camera for wedding photos.
Comparison Of A Regular Digital Camera VS. An Instant Camera
|Digital Camera||Instant Camera|
|A variety of features||Minimal features|
|Photos are saved as files||Instant paper photos but new models can save images as files|
|With different lenses available||No need to use additional lenses|
|Comes with a variety of accessories||Minimal accessories, photo paper|
|Heavy-duty battery power||Updated models have a longer-lasting battery|
|Sleek and modern style||Retro camera design|
What is The Best Instant Camera For Wedding?
Based on our list, we like the Kodak Smile Instant Print Digital Camera as it has a unique design. It prints ink-less photos plus it lets you edit photos on the go.
The trendy design also appeals to young as well as older users. The Kodak Smile has automatic functions, is light and easy to use; the qualities everyone looks for in the best instant camera for wedding.
- What is The Best Instant Camera For Wedding?
- 7 Best Instant Camera For Wedding in 2023
- 1. Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 Instant Camera
- 2. Polaroid Originals OneStep+ Instant Film Camera
- 3. Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera For Wedding
- 4. Fujifilm Instax Square SQ6 Instant Camera For Wedding
- 5. Polaroid Originals OneStep 2 VF Instant Camera For Wedding
- 6. Fujifilm Instax Instant Film Camera For Wedding
- 7. Kodak Smile Instant Print Digital Instant Camera For Wedding
- Buying Guide To Choose Best Instant Camera For Wedding
- Final Verdict
7 Best Instant Camera For Wedding in 2023
1. Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 Instant Camera
The Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 is a trip back in time but with some modern features. Compared to the Instax of days old, this instant camera has enhanced flash, shutter speeds, electronic shutter release, and different modes.
If you’re looking for a sharp, retro, instant camera to bring to a wedding, then the Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 may be the best instant camera for wedding you’re looking for.
- Automatic brightness adjustment
- Double exposure modes
- Fast shutter release
- Different camera modes
- Great for fast-moving subjects
- With an easy to use, retro design
- Dimensions: 3.61 x 2.25 x 4.5 inches, 10.4 ounces
Automatic brightness adjustment
The Mini 90 is capable of automatically detecting the brightness of your surrounding area. It will adjust the flash and shutter speeds so you will get the best image quality. You can expect great shots even in a dimly lit room.
Get instant printed photos
This instant camera offers double exposure modes and can produce images on a film sheet. It has an electronic shutter release of 1.8-1/400 of second speeds. Your wedding keepsakes will be ready in no time.
Different camera modes
Use the Bulb Mode where the shutter stays open as the button is pressed to capture a light trail. Meanwhile, the macro mode is the best for short-distance photography even at 30 to 60 cm. You can see that that the camera’s lens will move in or out as you use it; one of the most popular features that most people love about this camera.
2. Polaroid Originals OneStep+ Instant Film Camera
Remember the Polaroid camera of the 1950s? This Polaroid Originals OneStep+ is a slice of the past but with cool modern features like Bluetooth and enhanced lenses.
It still prints out small keepsake films though and is a great camera for weddings and other memorable events.
- Comes in the original format
- With a long 60-day battery
- With a very powerful flash
- Comes with a self-timer
- Uses Bluetooth to connect to different devices
- Is operated manually, settings are set through the Polaroid app
- This will work with an I-type or a 600 film
- Will work with an Android or an iOS
- Dimensions: 5.90 x 3.80 x 4.37 inches, 1.08 pounds
Comes in the original format
Impress your guests with this Original Polaroid camera with the same format thus, is very easy to use. It works just like the earlier Polaroid version but this instant camera comes with a more powerful flash, a convenient self-timer mode, and full manual controls. This camera also comes with modern features like Bluetooth connectivity so it can transfer image files to any compatible device.
Very long battery life
Just like the original Polaroid, this camera has a very long 60-day battery life. Thanks to its high-performance Li-ion battery that recharges through USB. You can use it in any event plus have more power to take souvenir shots along the way home.
Comes with standard and portrait lenses
This best instant camera for weddings comes with a dual-lens perfect for taking landscapes and portrait images. All the controls are manually operated using the Polaroid app plus Bluetooth. You can use the app to enhance the images you collect with this camera before you print them.
3. Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera For Wedding
One of the coolest instant cameras available in fun colors is the Fujifilm Instax Mini. You can use this as an instant camera for wedding photo booth. This instant camera is capable of capturing the best shots and will produce printed photos in just a few seconds.
If you’re looking for a fun, cool, and instant camera for weddings and other events, the Fujifilm Instax may be the one you’re searching for.
- Comes in a bundle (Polaroid Instant Mini Film with 10 exposures and a camera case plus strap) with full warranties
- With a selfie mirror
- Macro lens adapter 35 to 50 cm close-ups
- With auto exposure measurements
- With high-key mode
- Comes in different colors, this one is Ice Blue (other colors are Flamingo Pink, Lime Green, Cobalt Blue, and Smokey White)
- Dimensions: 10.08 x 9.33 x 5.98 inches, 1.65 pounds
Comes with accessories, bundled offer
This instant camera is available as a camera only or uses in a bundle. This means you don’t need to spend more money on accessories. You’ll be ready to take keepsake shots as soon as you take the camera out of the box/packaging. Just among the accessories included are 10 Polaroid mini film exposures, a camera case, and strap.
Perfect for selfies
Selfies is are easier to do as this camera comes with a selfie mirror feature. You can also use additional macro lenses to let you capture small images in minute detail and great for closeups. The macro lenses are from 35 cm to 50 cm.
Use this instant camera in any environment and still capture the best shots. You can take photos in very minimal lighting or too much light and this camera will automatically adjust exposure values. Whether you’re indoors or outdoors, you’ll find this camera easier to handle.
4. Fujifilm Instax Square SQ6 Instant Camera For Wedding
Another contender for the retro instant camera line is the Fujifilm Instax Square SQ6. This is an instant camera capable of producing the best quality photos in square-style film. The sleek retro look combines with new and updated features to give you the best photos all the time.
Also, you can choose from six different colors: blush gold, aqua blue, graphite gray, ruby red, white, and a special Taylor Swift Limited Edition design.
- Uses a 1:1 square format, Instax square-style film
- Automatic exposure control for the flash
- With built-in three color filters: green, orange, and purple.
- Uses CR2 batteries
- With different shooting modes: Macro, Normal, Landscape, Flash in Macro Mode
- With flash charging indicator lights, self-timer
- 90 seconds of film development time
- Dimensions: 6.1 x 6.1 x 4.1 inches, 8 ounces
Automatic brightness and shutter speeds control
This instant camera will automatically adjust the brightness and shutter speeds to capture enough light for that perfect shot. This means you can use this instant camera in any lighting condition, even in places where there’s minimal lighting. And to make print films, you need to use 1:1 format Instax film.
Longer lasting batteries
Of all the features mentioned, most users were happy with its strong battery power. Under the hood are CR2 batteries which can last for days. This type of battery is also easy to charge and once it’s ready, you will be ready to shoot in any event indoors or outdoors.
Different modes and color filters are available
The different modes will surely match your subject and your moods. The Landscape mode lets you capture scenes and subjects even from a distance of 2 meters. Meanwhile, the Macro mode lets you take photos of closer subjects at 30 to 50 cm.
The Selfie mode makes it easier to take selfies as this camera automatically adjusts the brightness plus focal length to give you the best results. It’s easier to capture selfies with this camera as a capture area appears. Another cool feature is the Double Exposure mode which lets you capture artistic images; two images in one print. Finally, there’s the auto exposure control that automatically brightens the subject and its background. This is perfect if you’re taking photos in the dark or dimly lit environments.
Use any of the three flash filters that come with the camera. These filters are purple, orange, and green. Just snap these on the flash and get impressive effects.
5. Polaroid Originals OneStep 2 VF Instant Camera For Wedding
The OneStep 2 VF is another cool retro Polaroid instant camera for a wedding that’s easy to use. Just point it and shoot with no need to adjust anything. Just like the Polaroid cameras of yesteryears, this one will instantly develop prints for an instant souvenir.
Take this camera to weddings and other events and make a lifetime of memories. The OneStep 2 V also has some updated features.
- Self-timer for group shots with you included
- With a long-lasting 60-day Li-ion battery
- Optical grade Polycarbonate lens and acrylic lens
- Fixed-focus lens at 2 feet
- FOV – 41 degrees vertical, 40 degrees horizontal
- Built-in flash, vacuum discharge tube strobe flash
- Custom-designed shutter system
- An instant camera wedding pack with a USB charging cable, manual and neck strap
- Works with 600 films and I -Type films
- Dimensions: 5.91 x 4.33 x 3.75 inches, 0.9 pounds
Easy to use, with a self-timer
This Polaroid camera is one of the easiest to use and is light and easy to take anywhere. Just aim and shoot; you’ll get instant prints in just a few seconds. No need to focus and no adjustments are necessary. All you need is to press the red button. You can also use the self-timer to take shots with you included in the view. Also, this camera has the best battery life at 60-days on one full charge.
The best quality lens and flash
This camera comes with the best lens made of optical-grade polycarbonate and acrylic. These types of materials are shatter-proof and will last for a long time. Meanwhile, the flash is a vacuum discharge tube and will work perfectly each time.
Comes in a complete set
Everything you need is in the box. You’ll get a charging cable, strap, and a user manual. Don’t forget the film; this works on 600 films or I-Type films. You can also purchase a hard travel case for this camera to protect it as you travel anywhere.
6. Fujifilm Instax Instant Film Camera For Wedding
To capture subjects and landscapes better is the Fujifilm Instax Instant Camera. This has automatic extending features, an improved optical viewfinder, and uses alkaline batteries.
This camera is easy to handle, and perfect for beginners. It also prints out photos but is exclusive to the Fujifilm Instax Wide Film-type of exposures.
- Auto lens extending at 95 mm
- Comes with an f14 lens with 2 focus zones: 0.9 to 3 m and 3 m to above
- With an optical viewfinder
- Tripod socket
- Uses four 1.5 V alkaline batteries
- The picture size is 62 mm x 99 mm
- Close-up lens up to 40 cm
- Programmed electronic shutters from 1/64 to 1/200 seconds
- With light and dark control
- Flash on button
- With a 10-film capacity
- Uses Fujifilm Instax Wide Film
- Dimensions: 8.3 x 5.9 x 5.9 inches, 2.10 pounds
With an automatic extending lens
This Fujifilm camera can extend its f14 lens to capture the best shots. You can take shots of subjects from a distance or close by no matter what lighting conditions. The lens is durable and will provide the best results all the time.
Uses alkaline batteries
Compared to all the instant cameras we have on this list, this old-timer still uses alkaline batteries however, this is an advantage. You can carry as many batteries so you’ll never run out of charge. Alkaline batteries are also available everywhere. No need to worry if your camera is full-charged when you are at an important event.
More updated features
This camera has electronic shutters, light and dark control modes, and fill-in flash features. It has a 10-film capacity so you must carry more film if you want to take more shots. Also, it will only use the Instax Wide Film at 3.38 x 4.25 inches.
7. Kodak Smile Instant Print Digital Instant Camera For Wedding
One of the most impressively-designed instant cameras is the Kodak Smile. It’s a hybrid old-style print camera and a modern camera with a cool mini viewfinder.
It’s available in different colors like Black, Blue, Green, White, and Red, choose one that will match your mood.
- Zero Ink Technology (ZINK), uses 2 x 3 inches ZINK sticky-backed paper
- Casing made from poly resin
- 8 mm lens with autofocus
- 10 MP camera with auto flash, viewfinder
- With photo editor and picture modes
- Long battery power at 40 prints on a full charge
- Connect to your laptop or computer using a memory card or MicroSD card
- Dimensions: 4.8 x 3.1 x 0.9 inches, 1 pound
Uses ink-less technology
This camera uses ZINK sticky photo paper that produces high-quality HD photos. It can produce 40 shots in one full charge with its longer-lasting built-in battery.
With a cool and trendy design
The case slides out to reveal an 8 mm lens. This comes with autofocus features so you won’t have to make any adjustments. At the back is an LCD viewfinder that will let you edit photos on the go as this device comes with a built-in editor. You also have two picture modes plus a fixed focus lens.
Made from very durable materials
The casing is polycarbonate resin so it’s very durable and can withstand constant use. The LCD is bright and easy to see plus you’ll get a print preview from the screen so you can check the results before you press the shutter.
Buying Guide To Choose Best Instant Camera For Wedding
Buying the best instant camera for wedding is easy but take note of the following tips to ensure that you’re getting the best for your money:
Buy compatible film
This is the most common problem. Always check what type of film the camera uses before you purchase. Also, don’t rely on camera kits with film as these will only provide you with 10 films and this won’t be enough. Have an extra film with you always.
Choose an instant camera kit
A kit gives you more value for your money as you won’t have to purchase camera accessories like batteries, straps, case, and filters. Consider the contents of a kit before you purchase it.
Consider battery life
Most instant cameras have longer-lasting batteries but take note that some cameras still use alkaline batteries. Although not as longer-lasting as rechargeable batteries, alkaline batteries are more practical if you plan to take your instant camera on the road. You can buy alkaline batteries anywhere so you’ll never run out of charge.
Rely only on top quality, best instant camera for wedding events to get the best souvenir shots. Indeed, these cameras may not have updated features like DSLR and other digital cameras but these let you capture memories in print. These cameras are nostalgic and worth having in memorable, once-in-a-lifetime events.